Men planning architectural build


The Dream2Build
Red House Process

Communication and foresight through our proven 5-step design-build process

Our promise is to provide each client with a positive and rewarding experience during the planning and building of their home. Our process was created to give homeowners a clear understanding of costs, scheduling, and the roles different team members play in achieving your dream.


Design-build is a method of project delivery in which one unified team works with the client to provide both design and construction services.

No more shopping out each phase of your project to separate firms, leading to communication failures or budget misunderstandings. At Red House, we offer in-house architects, technical designers, interior designers, cabinetry specialists, Lead Carpenters, and skilled craftspeople – all on one team.

This unified workflow, from initial design concept through construction completion, keeps everyone on the same page. Communication and foresight are the biggest advantages of design-build. Our designers and builders work collaboratively, keeping the progress of your project on track. Instead of dividing responsibilities and pieces of projects to different people at different firms, you can feel confident in Red House’s full-service solution. Our proven 5-step design-build process starts with your dream and ends with your new home. We call it: Dream2Build.



Our process begins with a Discovery Call. On this call, we learn about your hopes and dreams for your project and your timeline and budget. If we are a good fit, we will book a walk-through of your home with a Project Developer. During this visit, they will get a first-hand look at your project spaces and customize a scope outline and preliminary budget based on your needs. The result will be a tailored design proposal that will start the design process and save your place in our production calendar.



Phase 1: Schematic Design.

Under the leadership of your Project Developer and Lead Designer, our team will present 2-3 layout options based on your priorities and wish list items. Over the course of 3 meetings, you will be able to narrow down and customize a final layout to fit your needs and budget. At the end of Phase 1, we will present a fixed-price Construction Agreement with a complete estimate of your scope of work. At this point, we hope to have the project design about 90% worked out. The remaining 10% will be resolved in Phase 2. 

Phase 2: Selections

Your Phase 2 Lead Designer will meet with you to help you choose all the essential details and materials for your project. Our expert team will help guide you through this fun and creative process of choosing tile, lighting, plumbing fixtures, and more. Our in-house Cabinetry Specialist will help design your kitchen, pantry, bathroom vanity, or mudroom space. You will see mood boards at each meeting, with carefully curated choices based on your aesthetic and allowance budget. While there can be hundreds of decisions in an extensive renovation project, our design team makes this process simple by breaking each component into easy-to-tackle parts.



During planning, all necessary building, zoning, and historical permits are secured. Your selections are purchased and organized for installation. Your Project Manager will also create the construction schedule during this time. We do everything possible to finish your project quickly and efficiently, without sacrificing quality.



Red House takes pride in constructing beautiful living spaces for our clients. We use quality building materials which are essential for your long-term investment and safety.  We provide our clients many levels of protection and warranties on materials and workmanship.

At Red House, we employ a specialized production operating system called “The Lead Carpenter System”.  With this system, you will have an on-site, working construction leader dedicated to your project from beginning to end.  You will also have access to daily logs, photos, messages, and scheduling updates as they occur, using a cloud based project management software or an app on your phone.  This gives you peace of mind that your vision is being realized every step of the way.



Our promise is your dream fulfilled – and we stand by our quality. Our work is backed by a 3-year Warranty. We check-in with annual follow-ups to make sure your needs are being met. Ongoing client feedback is essential to our improvement and growth. If it’s important to you, it’s important to us.